Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Determination




This bladder infection is kicking my butt.  I'm still not feeling well.  BUT, I did ride the bike for over an hour today.  And I rode yesterday and did my bowflex strength training, so maybe my determination will kick my infection's butt.

There can't be enough said about determination.  It is the will to keep on going.  We might have motivation.  We might have "reasons" for our journey, but none of that matters unless we have the determination to actually WORK for it. 

Determination keeps us going.  It's the drive for our journey.  Our vehicle.  Without it, all we have are wishes and wanna-be's. 

I've WANTED this for years, but I haven't had the DETERMINATION to do anything about it.  It was a long journey just to get to the point where I got on the bike for the first time.  It's been determination that keeps me there.  Every morning.  Even when I'm tired and don't want to get up, I do.

I'm amazed at how different this journey is from my past "diets."  I honestly believe I can do this forever.  I'm not starving myself, I'm just making better choices.  And I'm finding foods that I can celebrate with and enjoy rather than eating just one type of food or prohibiting any type of food.  Who can live like that? 

I may not be losing the weight quickly like some people, but I am losing it.  Down 11 lbs now.  Still haven't broken that 200 lb barrier, but I'm at 201.  Very close!  And the weight has been coming off for almost 3 months now.  Used to be I'd already have failed my diet and be back up by 10 lbs. 

So, I'll keep fighting this infection and keep going on my journey.

After all, I'm not broken ... I'm a work in progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment