Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Grillin' Time!

I made Boca burgers on the grill last night!  I put mushrooms and onions on top with a slice of lower fat Swiss cheese!  Added a little mustard, ate it on a wheat thin bun - tasty!!   Hubby and the kids liked it too!  I made a side of suddenly salad, substituting one of the tablespoons of oil for water and it turned out great!



I was able to cook the onions and the mushrooms without any oils or butter at all.  I used the cooking spray and then added chicken broth a tablespoon at a time as the frying pan got dry.  I put a lid on the frying pan to help "steam" cook the veggies.  Worked pretty well!

I'm so excited about grilling season!  We are hopefully going to buy a new grill this week!  If we do, I'll post a picture!

There is so much you can do with a grill for lower fat cooking!  I'm going to try some foil cooking as well.  That's a great way to have flavor without adding a lot of calories. 

I'm having a great time exploring low calorie foods.  I love to cook and I love to eat.  I had always dreaded a "diet" because I love food so much and the thought of doing without just killed me.  But what I'm finding is that I'm having a blast experimenting with lower calorie recipes.  It's actually fun!  And I'm trying things I never would have deigned to eat before - like the Boca burgers! 

So I'm looking forward to grilling experiments as well.  Nothing like grillin' in the sun with the smells of summer all around.

Now I just need to find some "skinny" alcoholic drinks and I'll be set!!


No comments:

Post a Comment