Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fad Diets.

You know, I've been wondering if maybe I SHOULD do a fad diet to jump start the weight loss.  It's just going sooooo slowly (and I've actually gained a bit back due to my lack of good choices over the weekend).  I just wonder if maybe I do one of those "fads" for a week or so, if that really would jump start me, or if it would just work until I went off of it and then I'd gain it all back.

I suppose if I want to do something to get fast results, I could always just restrict the calories for a short time.  But with the exercising I do, I get all shaky when I don't eat enough. 

One of the new apps I downloaded is called the Rapid Weight Loss Diet.  It seems very restrictive - no fruits, no veggies ... how can this be a good thing?  It seems to kind of go along the lines of the Atkins diet - lots of protein, no carbs.  Not so sure about this one.  However, there are some really good things in this app as well - the exercise ideas are quite interesting.  It talks about planking which I have already been doing at my daughter's suggestion.  I can tell you, from the pain in my stomach muscles, it does something!

I think if I had to pinpoint the theme of my diet, it would be calories, calories, calories.  Rather than going on some weird diet where all you eat is grapefruit or something, it seems to me that calories are the key to weight loss.  I even heard about a guy who ate nothing but twinkies and lost weight because he kept the calorie intake low.  The point of his experiment was to prove that it doesn't matter what you eat as long as you count those calories.

So, I've added in a lot more vegetables since they are lower in calories and I can eat more of them and feel full.  Plus, I like a lot of different veggies.  I really like green beans and broccoli (though the gas factor of broccoli leaves a bit to be desired). 

And it seems to be working.  But veeerrrryyyy slowly.  I want to lose it faster!!

Then again, when people lose weight too quickly, there is all that extra saggy skin to deal with.  So maybe doing it as I am is the way to go.

It's just so frustrating.  I want results! 

How quickly I've already forgotten that I lost 6" in one month.  I guess I just want the numbers on the scale to follow suit.

So, maybe I should do some kind of fad diet for a few days or a week and get some quick results and then go back to the calorie counting.  I guess I'll think about it for a bit.  If I find something that strikes me, maybe I'll try it.  If I do, I'll report back!

No comments:

Post a Comment