Monday, March 12, 2012

More food ideas.

Ok, so dinner last night was another fantastic low calorie meal out of the Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet cookbook!  Really tasty and only 244 calories for a whopping cup and 1/3!  I'll post the recipe on my recipe page.

And I also got looking at other low calorie things!  I found that Old El Paso foods aren't too bad - even though they are Mexican food!



That's pretty amazing - 80 calories for 1/3 cup.  You add that to a tortilla (which can range in calories from 52 for a corn tortilla to 159 for a large flour tortilla) then that's a pretty hearty low cal meal right there!  And you can add chopped tomotoes, peppers etc which won't add much in the way of calories but adds a lot of flavor and texture.

So, really, there are lots of choices for us out there if we are counting calories.  We just have to do the research and find them.  Or I can do the research and post them here for you!

Yesterday was a lot better day for me with my choices.  I did well during the day and then ate the yummy dinner that was only 244 calories - and that was a whole meal!  A fully satisfying meal for 244 calories.  Unbelievable.

Tonight I'm making my ham and bean soup since work is going to be crazy.  So I'll have my 118.5 calorie dinner tonight (though I bet I will eat more than 1 cup - which is okay - even 2 cups is only 237 calories!).  So maybe this week will be a great week!

I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment