Thursday, March 1, 2012

"Lighter"  food.

Holy cow, the dinner last night was fantastic.  I really, really recommend this cookbook for anyone on a "diet" or just wanting to eat healthier.  It is Taste of Home's Comfort Food Diet Cookbook.  Truly wonderful!

I made a few changes to their recipe, but really loved it.  I'll post what I did on the recipe page.

The only problem that I had was that it was so good, I couldn't just eat one helping.  I ended up eating 2 1/2 times the "serving" amount!  But, boy was it good.  I guess I needed some comfort food, because I feel so much better today than I have for the past two days!  (It probably didn't hurt that I had some wine as well!).

I don't know what was wrong with me the past few days.  I was just a little glum.  I don't feel like I was deprived or anything, but maybe I was.  A glass of wine and some rich soup did wonders to bring me back to myself.  And even with that I still kept it under 1400 calories! 

It probably also doesn't hurt that I am going to get my haircut today.  I think a little pampering goes a long way.  I've always felt guilty for spending money on things like hair cuts or clothes when I look so awful and overweight.  I mean, who wants to spend money on hair, when you don't feel like anything will make you look better anyway?  That's just an example of how our "self hate" talk can really be a bad thing. 

So, I'm embracing my hair cut today.  It's kind of a reward for working so hard on my health since January 2nd.  It will be two months that I've kept this up tomorrow!  I'm pretty proud of that fact!

Wow.  Two months.  I'm impressed with myself!  I don't know that I've ever made it two months on a "diet" before.  Of course, I'm not on a "diet" now - I'm just on a journey go get healthier!

   I'm so happy that I've been able to keep it up.  This blog helps, for sure.  And I have friends who are supportive.  And even though my family grumbles every time I say I'm going to try a new low calorie meal, they jump in there and try it with me - and are often pleasantly surprised! 

Here is an inspiring quote:

          "The Greatest Thing In The World Is Not So Much Where We Are,
            But In What Direction We Are Moving" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

I think I'm moving pretty well at the moment.  And, so, I'll keep going in the direction I'm moving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment