Thursday, March 8, 2012



Measurement Day.

Well, one month ago, I did my first measurements.  So, today, I did another set.  I was sure that I haven't lost any inches and when I did the pictures to compare to a month ago, I don't see much change there either, so I was expecting to be disappointed with the inches.

However ... ::drum roll, please::  I have lost 6"!  Of course, that's from all over, but still, I'm quite excited about it!  I've lost 2" off my waist!  So I am pleased!

Yesterday wasn't as bad as the day before and today feels pretty good.  I rode the bike for over an hour and it wasn't a horrible struggle to make myself do it.  I actually was looking forward to it.  So I guess the trouble I was having was just a phase and I've gotten through it.  This time.  I'm sure I'll be back here for help and inspiration the next time.

I think it is very important to constantly remind ourselves why we are on our journeys.  I mean our deep-down reasons.  Not the "I want to wear that pretty dress" reason, but the "I don't want to die from health related illnesses" reasons.  And really, the pictures help too.  The kids think it's funny that I've posted them everywhere, but you know, if it works, keep on doing it!  I like the idea of cycling through them so that I don't get bored with them.

I have to keep motivating myself.  This blog certainly helps.




I think this last week has reminded me that this is not an easy journey.  There are going to be days where I can barely make myself move, much less do the weight lifing.  And then there are going to be days when I feel really good, like today!


You can always bribe yourself to get through the bad days.  I was thinking that I need to get some weight lifting gloves (I had forgotten how badly your hands hurt when you lift weights!) and I think that might be an excuse on a bad day to pamper myself and buy some!  And maybe some cute exercise clothes too!  Okay, so that's probably a woman thing, but guys can bribe (or reward?) themselves too - we just have to remember not to reward ourselves with FOOD. 

At any rate, today is a great day. I am doing it another day ... one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment