Friday, March 16, 2012

Weekend Woes?

Here we are at the weekend again!  And it has been a long and exhausting week.  Luckily this weekend has lots of fun (though also, work) planned!

My older kids are coming home from college to celebrate St. Patrick's Day,  hubby and I have date night again tonight - 3 Fridays in a row!! (That rarely happens). 

But therein lies the problem.  We celebrate St. Patrick's Day with FOOD!  We will have corned beef brisket, bubble and squeak, green deviled eggs, shepard's pie, and shamrock sundaes!  I have added in a potato soup and a fruit rainbow this year - both of which are low calorie.  So by planning, I hope I'm able to eat those things and less of the fattening stuff.



And of course, date night, as I've discussed before.  Alcohol and Mexican food.  I think I can handle that though, as well.  I've scoped out the "good" choices and I hope to be able to keep to those this evening, so it might not be bad.

Still, I've done so well this week that the weekend worries me.  There is less structure to the weekend, so I'm open to being blindsided by my monster who loves to creep out and provoke me into savage eating fits. 

I will just enjoy the time with my family and hope that I am strong enough to fight off the beast!

I'm down another pound today!  I've lost 10.2 lbs now!  Not as fast as some other bloggers I've been reading, but still an accomplishment!  I haven't been this weight since December of 2008!  Pretty exciting stuff! 

And I know that a few days of eating less than great choices won't kill me, but I sure hate to go backwards when I've made such progress. 

Weekends are always tough. 

Plus I have to prepare for a big work thing on Monday, so I'll be working as well.  Frustrating, which might lead me to some emotional eating ...

At least I know in advance that there is a potential issue here and I can face it head on and hope I'm strong enough to take it on.  And if I'm not, I'll just exercise a bit more to make up for it and get back on track come Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment