Monday, May 21, 2012

Change

I've talked about change before.  The changes needed to get us started on our journey as well as the changes in our bodies once we start.

That's not what I'm talking about today.

I'm talking about change that could lead us to fall off the wagon.  This week will bring about a change in my schedule.  I am afraid that this change could cause me to get off track.

School ends on Wednesday.  Right now I get up in time to ride the bike so that I can get the kids ready for school and on the bus.  Come Thursday morning, I won't have to do that.  Which means I COULD set the alarm clock for a little later and sleep a bit more  Enticing thought. 

But what if sleeping later means that I lose that edge that makes me get up and ride the bike?  What if having the kids home and having to make lunches for them and have snacks for them in the house means that I'll make bad choices with food myself?

I have been feeling pretty confident lately.  Even cocky.  Thinking that I would be able to keep this lifestyle up forever.  I'm on a roll.

But the roll is only going because I'm on a schedule and in a groove.  That groove is about to get bumpy.  So, how do I make sure I stay on track?  It's a little scary.

I believe I'm up for it.  I believe that I will be able to keep myself on track, but uncertainty is looming. 

This change might actually be a good thing.  I'll have my daughters home with me and we might add in some other exercises, like walking at the park.  But, will I really be able to fit in my bowflex if the kids are demanding my time?

I have to assume I will figure it out.  I have to make sure that my commitment stands and that I keep my determination strong.

I can do this.  I will do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment