Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Distracted

Although I am doing pretty well on this journey, I am definitely distracted this month.

Last week was a whirlwind ending in the party with lots of food and alcohol.  I got back on track on Monday, but ate ice cream Monday night and last night, too.  Even though I haven't gained back any weight because of it, it still shows that I am not nearly as focused as I need to be.



I guess I need to add distraction in as one of the potential saboteurs to our journeys.  I'm definitely feeling the lack of focus today.  And, honestly, I'm not really sure how to get back on track.  Because I'm not really OFF track.  I am exercising as I'm supposed to and I'm eating fairly well (well, sort of ... did I mention I went out for Chinese for lunch yesterday??  See?  Distraction!).  But I feel ... off.

I think I need to do what Grace suggested and get back to a list.  I need a master list for the month.  That will help keep me focused.  I also think I need to remember why I started this journey and see if I can recapture some of that energy that we all have when we begin our journeys.  I need some of that zest and zeal rushing through me again.  I'm kind of bored.  And that's a bad thing.

I know!  Maybe I need to go shopping!  I felt soooo good when I went and tried on clothes and found out I was down two sizes!  It was nice to actually feel that I looked good for a change!

Or, I could take a mental day for myself and try to get myself centered.  Our pool is up and running, so maybe I need to take a few hours and just relax in the sun and ... gasp ... read for pleasure!



I also need to think about adding something in to the exercise routine.   I know I keep saying that.  But I don't want my body to get bored either.  Luckily with school ending on the 23rd, I may add walking/jogging into my routine. Two of my kids are wanting to run and maybe if all three of us encourage each other, we can go to the park regularly and run (or more accurately, they will run and I'll puff and pant at a quick pace).



I just know that I've hit a barrier.  And I don't want this bump to knock me off track. 

So, after today (which is another hectic thing at work) maybe I can take some time to plan.  Get myself back on track.  Refocus.

I'm kind of looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. Shopping gives me motivation too! Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week. You can do this :)

    ReplyDelete