Thursday, May 10, 2012

It's All About the Food

I have had some really nice meals over the past few days.  I'd like to report on what I've found!

First, I could not find the 50 calorie tortillas.  I tried two grocery stores, with no luck. However, I did find a 60 calorie tortilla! 


They are Tumaros Gourmet Tortillas - I got these at Kroger.  They were very good and 60 calories for a tortilla???  Awesome!!  This really does open up a lot more in the realm of cooking for me!  We had sandwich wraps in them the other night - lots of shredded lettuce, tomatoes, mustard and sandwich meat - very tasty and very healthy!

Then, I was able to try one of the recipes from the Hungry Girl cookbook!  And let me tell you, if they are all this good, it's going to be one heck of a cookbook!  You can buy them here

The recipe I made was the cauliflower casserole - OMG - fantastic!!  And only 117 calories per generous serving!!



And then I also made beef tips with veggies (onions, peppers and mushrooms).  I was able to cook the veggies without any oils added - tasty and low fat!  I grilled the beef tips and then put them in with the veggies for a quick warm up.  So good!!


So tasty!!

In other news, I did my measurements today!  I have lost another 6"!!  Woot!!  Coming off mostly in my thighs and butt - woohoo!!

Hope ya'll have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment