Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Not Much Better

I am bringing you an update on our kitten.  She is not much better and still is not moving her back legs.  She is taking a lot of care and the doctors have moved on to steroid treatments.  We will have to see.

This is taking a lot of my focus right now, so my weight loss isn't top priority.  However, I am still doing my exercise every day and trying to eat right.  It appears I gained almost a pound over the weekend with all the food, but I enjoyed it all and do not regret it.  I know the pound (plus more) will come off so I'm just focusing forward.

I think what this shows me is that my routine has become so ingrained in me that I keep it up even in times of tragedy.  It's becoming a way of life as opposed to a "diet."  Which is a good thing!

I also had half of a steak on Saturday night.  Hubby took three of the kids to visit his mom and my other daughter and I stayed home to take care of the kitten.  We kept a steak here to enjoy.  I grilled it out and it was fabulous, but being a ribeye, it was very fatty.  I found that after a half of the steak, I just couldn't eat any more - it was too rich and fatty.  I felt a little ill (even though I enjoyed the steak's flavor).

However, being off schedule due to the kitten, I have not made a grocery list for the week yet and it's already Tuesday.  Luckily we have some things still in the freezer and I can wing the dinners (and make them healthy) until I have a chance to do the menu and grocery list!

So, I am just on an even keel with my journey at the moment, and really, I don't think I can ask for anything more!

1 comment:

  1. I had the same moments last week where I'm doing well exercise wise but I've eaten a bit more than normal. I'm like you and stay positive and move forward.

    I'm sorry about your kitten :(

    ReplyDelete