Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Overindulging

So, there is a place and a time for indulging.  I just seem to be doing it every day.

I knew I was going to have trouble with the changing schedule.  Somehow I have to get myself refocused.

One change I will make is going back to my earlier wake up time.  I just have too much to do to sleep late.  This morning I decided I would sleep as long as I wanted since I've been feeling a bit run down and very, very tired.  So I slept late and then had my hour and five minutes to do on the bike and by the time I got done and showered, half the day is gone.  So, that's going to stop. 

I need organization time before all the kids get up.  Once they are up, it's a free-for-all. 

I also need better planning.  When I don't have a plan, everything goes south.  When I don't plan for lunches, we either eat out or eat crappy high-fat/high-calorie food.  When I don't have a plan for dinner, the same thing happens.  I can't tell you all the junk we've eaten over the past week since school has gotten out.  We've eaten out, picked up KFC, ordered out ... just NOT good choices.

And I'm feeling it.  I feel extremely tired.  My body is telling me that although the Kentucky Fried Chicken tasted like heaven, it is sooo not good for me. 

I'm kind of in a funk.  With the constant care of our kitten, getting the oldest daughter ready for her trip to Finland, trying to plan summer activities to keep the kids busy and educate them at the same time AND continue on with all the normal stuff I have to do ... I'm just falling apart.

Today is kind of a wash already so I'll start trying to refocus myself by getting up early tomorrow morning.  I need to plan my menus, grocery list, and work plan for the week. 

I just wish I didn't feel so tired.  It's hard to be motivated when you can barely function.  Maybe I'm not sleeping well or something.  But I have a feeling it's the junk food.  It's getting me down.  The way to test that theory is to get back on a good schedule with the food.

I actually ate well last night.  I made Asian skewers, home grown squash, turnips and green beans from our garden.  So last night was actually good food.  A step in the right direction.

I know there are ups and downs.  Especially since this is a lifetime plan and not a diet.  I knew the changing routine was going to cause problems.  I'll work through it.  I'll get a handle on the new routine and it will all work out!

I just need to make sure my determination stays as strong as always.  With that, anything can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment