Thursday, June 7, 2012

Maintaining

First, let me say I'm sorry for being away for so long.  I've had a rough week or so with trials days back to back.  I have been lucky to know whether I'm coming or going!

Which means not-so-good things on the diet front.  When work is like that, everything else kind of takes a back seat.

This is not to say that I've given up completely on the healthy journey.  I have been riding the bike every morning.  I have not had a chance to do my bowflex this week at all.  I'm hoping to be able to do that today.  And I'm maintaining my weight around 193-194.  So, not so bad.

What this does tell me is that I should be fine at maintaining my weight once I reach my goal.  It has not been difficult at all to stay right where I am.  I think as long as I ride the bike, I'll be fine.  It's funny, though, because I've always heard that food is the major important factor in losing weight.  I am finding that it is exercise instead. 

This week I've eaten a lot.  When work puts the kind of stress on me that I've been under, there is no way I have time to organize and cook.  We ate out and I believe I had a drink of wine every night.  Lots of empty calories (comfort food for my time of stress).  And I've maintained.

Granted, my goal here is to lose.  I still have a very looooong way to go, so maintaining isn't a great thing.  But in the over-all picture, it kind of is.  If I can maintain when my world is falling apart, that bodes quite well for the future!

So, I'm optimistic.  And I'm back. No more court until the 14th and 25th.  However, I then have to deal with a 3-day conference - eating out for three days - all three meals.  Scary.  Hopefully the facility will have some kind of exercise room, though I doubt I'll have time to even look for it even if they do.

I feel like I'm surviving one diet catastrophe after another - just surviving until the next food-fest-of-evil hits me.  I guess that's going to be the way it is.  I just need to try and eat and exercise as best as I can in between those moments.

Today is about getting back organized again.  I have a lot of garden work to do.  We are going to start freezing fresh veggies today.  We have a ton of vegetables coming in.  And I have to get the pool back up and running. It's a bit green from my lack of attention over the past week +.

So, have a wonderful productive day out there!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on maintaining. That is really hard to do. I wouldn't say it is diet catastrophe you are facing, just daily life situations. I know this is really challenging, but you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I definitely think exercise makes maintenance a lot easier!

    ReplyDelete