Monday, July 9, 2012

Back in the Saddle

I can hear that Aerosmith song playing in my head - I think it's stuck there now ...

I had a fun vacation visiting with family.  I am weighing 194.8 this morning.  I know a lot of that is water weight which will come off, so I'll see what I weigh in a few days and go from there.

I rode the bike this morning for 71 minutes (was at the climax of the book and didn't want to stop reading, so rode for an extra 10 minutes or so - yay books!).  I will get back to my bowflex this week but it may not be until Wednesday as I have two slam full days of work to get through, plus all the stuff that's piled up while I was gone.

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth taking a vacation!  But, I know it is!

I've got to plan the menus for the week and do some grocery shopping.  That may not be until Wednesday either, which could cause bad choices in the next few days.  But, it is what it is.  I have to put work first right now. 

Still, I feel good about this week. 

I made a nice omelet for breakfast - 1 egg, a bit of chopped ham, 1/2 slice of cheese and a chopped tomato from the garden.  It feels like a lot of food and it's satisfying and low calorie.  I will aim to drink a lot of water today.  I need to flush out all the fatty foods and alcohol I've had over the last week!

I am tentatively optimistic about the week!  As Grace commented - I hope July is better than June was - for all of us on our journeys! 

So now that I'm back in the saddle, I'll be working hard to stay here!

1 comment:

  1. I think a lot of us have been struggling with our weight this summer. Who says summer is easier than winter, not for me apparently. I am still struggling to stay on track but taking it one day at a time and trying not to be too hard on myself when I make the wrong choices.

    ReplyDelete