Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Barrier: Busted!!

I finally broke the 190 lb barrier!!!  I am 189.2 this morning!  Woohoo!!

I had begun to think that 190 barrier was akin to the shields around the Enterprise in Star Trek and that I'd never be able to blast my way through!  (Okay, did I just identify myself as a geek, or what??  Well, that's okay - I'm proud of my geekiness!)


I have to think that this horrible hunger I've been fighting has been a sign that I was about to drop some weight.  Kind of like my six year old when she suddenly begins to eat everything in sight and I know she is going to have a growth spurt.  I will have to keep my eyes open in the future and see if it is a definite sign of weight dropping in the near future, because if it is, I must say that would make getting through the hunger a lot easier!

So, I love my Fitbit!  I really do have some kind of sleep issues and now that I know that I need to figure out how to tackle that.  Night before last I woke up 18 times.  18 times!!!  Did I even get any sleep at all???  Last night wasn't so bad - I woke up 6 times.  But, no wonder I'm tired all the time!  I can't imagine what it would be like to actually have some solid sleep!


Anyway, the gadget thing definitely seems to work for me.  I can't wait to come down and check all my stats and reports on my Fitbit.  I guess it's helping me focus and be excited about my journey again, and that's a plus!  I need all the help I can get.

And something more is going on with me right now.  I'm not sure what, but the two days I set aside for organizing and getting caught up on work have worked miracles for me.  I feel a lot "clearer" and focused.  It's such a wonderful (and rare) feeling!  I'm even thinking of projects and things I might like to do!  It's been a very long time since I've had a chance to think about more than getting through the day.  I don't know how long it will last, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can!  I'm sure the other proverbial shoe is going to drop at some point, so I"m going to scramble and get the joy I can out of this before I get squished like a bug!

So I'm off to work!  I will keep you posted on how it goes!  I hope all of you have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! That FitBit looks awesome. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's exciting to finally lose a pound again. It was okay that I was "maintaining" and not gaining, but I really, really wanted to be LOSING. So it's nice to finally bust a barrier! Feels good!

    ReplyDelete