Friday, August 17, 2012

Okay, now what?

So, I've been doing pretty well - but it's only been two days, so it's about time for my five days off ...

I am 190.8 today, which I'm thrilled with!  I'm tentatively optimistic that maybe, just maybe I might be on track again!  Maybe I won't get sidetracked this time!

I do feel like I'm settling in.  And I started listening to my weight loss subliminal iPad app again.  I've been listening to it for two days now.  I don't know, maybe it really works.  Because I'm feeling pretty motivated again, which I haven't felt for a long time.  So, maybe it does work.  Then again, the fact that I'm motivated enough to actually listen to the app again may mean that I'm motivated enough to be on track again.  It might not have anything to do with the app, but I'll keep it up, just in case.

I think I am going to brush up again on my 52 weight loss missions app as well.  There was some pretty motivational missions in there, so it's definitely worth another look.

Last night was good.  No ice cream.  No carrot cake.  Even though we have both in the house.  So that's pretty impressive.  Oh!  And we even have REECE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS in the house.  And I haven't opened the bag!!  How amazing is that???

Today is my organization day.  Yesterday went a bit haywire, work-wise.  I had thought to have a good chunk of organization time what with all the kids AND the hubby gone.  But, alas, it was not to be.  So I am hopeful for today.

I'm not only wanting to organize my weight loss plans, but the rest of my life as well.  I feel much better when I have it all planned out and written down.  As for the weight loss things I need to plan, I really want to come up with some other exercise to incorporate into my schedule.  But I can't even get my weight lifting done but once a week, so how am I going to find time to add in something else?  So, I need to ponder a bit on that.  I also want to organize my cook book.  I've been using various low calorie recipes from various places - one of my favs is the Hungry Girl cookbooks - those things are awesome! - and some have been wonderful and some not so much, so I need to make copies of what I like and organize a cookbook so I can menu-plan better.

I will probably also search through the latest apps.  Gadgets seem to help me on my journey.  Oh - and did I say I bit the bullet and ordered the fitbit???  It should be delivered today!  I'm excited about that!

I am also going to do my bowflex today.  I'm a little nervous because it's been 8 days since I last lifted - I think I'm in for a world of sore tomorrow!

I'm feeling pretty fired up again, and that's such a good feeling.  I'm going to work hard and keeping up my journey.  I'm going to be stronger than my excuses.


So, get out there and have a great, motivational, pumped up day!  We can do this!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you feel better about being back on track. I am really curious about the ipad app you wrote about. Do you find it really helped?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a post on all my "tools" that I use. It lists several of the apps I've used. http://healthyselfjourney.blogspot.com/2012/02/tools.html That link should take you there but I'm not very good with the blogging codes, so it might not. It's from my 2-27-12 post if that helps.

      Delete