Monday, April 15, 2013

250 miles

I have walked 250 miles since I have gotten my fitbit!  I actually have walked a little more - there were days when I forgot to put it on, but it should be close to that!

I like that my gadgets give me feedback.  That "badge" that I got on the fitbit website has made me feel motivated again!  Just when I was feeling like I wasn't accomplishing anything, I got that little tidbit of good news and it made me feel excited again!

I'm trying something different this week.  I have already done my bike riding and my general calisthenics (leg lifts, butt crunches, reverse crunches, regular crunches and hula hoop hips) but at the top of each hour I'm doing something else.  Not much - but something.  Something to get me up and moving.  At 9:00 I did 50 butt crunches in my chair.  At 10:00 I did 20 jumping jacks.  At 11:00 I jumped on the trampoline for 1 minute and 30 seconds.  We'll see if I can keep it up, and if I do, whether it helps or not!

I also made my grocery list today with menu all planned out.  I planned in a night where the kids get to eat something they love that I shouldn't eat (spaghetti - I make mine with meat and lots of noodles - not the best dinner choice for me) and I planned in a lean cuisine for me that night.  I will make veggies for the kids to go with their dinner and I can add in some of those so I won't feel too deprived.  I have even planned out my snacks - AND I've written it all down so that I can see it on the fridge whenever I'm in there hunting food.  It's all planned out for me.  All I have to do is stay on track.

I'm also back to logging my food in again.  At the beginning, I did that every day.  Then as I got to know what calories were in what foods, I didn't need to track as much and I stopped logging.  So then, when I started eating more things, it wasn't logged and I didn't have that visual accountability.  Clearly, I need accountability!  So, back to the logging.

I'm done with the cleanse and I feel good.  And it's going to be gorgeous outside this week, which gives me that little jolt of spring fever which is so good at getting me moving and motivated.

Back to work!  Today is a new day and I feel good about it!


3 comments:

  1. Logging your food is a great help. I have been lazy about doing this but really need to start regularly again. I try not to deprive myself of what I like but just try to have a smaller portion. Otherwise I am just thinking about it forever. You sound like you are back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Congrats on the 250 miles! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited! And it makes me want to walk even more - which is a good thing!!

      Delete