Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Good Sore.

I am so sore today.  I lifted weights on Monday and by last night every muscle in my body hurt.  But it's that good sore.  That soreness that lets me know I actually did something, am doing something.  Finally I feel like I'm making progress!

I really think strength training is a huge part of weight loss.  Because, I've kept up my bike riding and my attempt to eat right but had stopped the weight lifting and I could really see a huge difference - I gained back inches, had the return of flab ... not pretty.  So I am making it my goal to keep up my weight lifting.  And it feels good - in that sore sort of way!

I have really attempted to keep my focus on my health this week.  That's another thing that kind of fell by the wayside.  Too many distractions popped up and I wasn't able to focus on myself and my health.  I lost that drive.  It is important to think about our goals and journey every single day.  The more we focus the more we are able to stay on task and the more chance there is of obtaining our goals.

I am looking forward to the weight lifting again this afternoon.  I changed my format from higher weight with low reps to lower weight with high reps.  I had hurt my shoulder and I have found the higher weight is counterproductive right now.  So I'm going to go low weight with higher repetition intensity.  I think it's a good plan.  Once my muscles start to build again, I should be able to go back up in weight without hurting myself.  I sure don't like this getting old thing where my body is falling apart.  I have to take it easier than I used to.  I have to take it slow.  I'm not a slow kind of person.  I've always jumped in feet first, but now I find when I do that, I tend to hurt myself.

Well, I'm working on all that.  One step at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment