Friday, April 26, 2013

Another Day on Track

I know it's still very early, but I"m loving this plan.

Here's how yesterday went:

Started with the Advocare Slim - 15 calories (also had this mid afternoon) - 2x per day

Then:
Buttermilk and all my pills - Advocare vitamins, blood pressure meds

Milk drink - 150 calories

Lean Cuisine lunch - this was really, really good - 150 calories.


Laughing Cow cheese wedge for a snack - 35 calories


2 prunes for a snack - 50 calories


Lean Cuisine - Shrimp Alfredo for dinner - 210 calories.  This was soooo good!  And filling and creamy - again, no deprived feelings.  I also had a cup of okra which I forgot to take a picture of!  120 calories

100 calorie popcorn snack while watching TV

Total calories = 935

Again, though, I did not ride the bike this morning.  I guess it's too much for my brain to try a new diet and exercise at the same time!  So, I'll try and start that up on Monday.

This weekend will be interesting to see.  It's one thing to be able to stay on this diet plan while the kids are in school and I'm working.  It will be harder with the kids home and food around all day, but I'm going to try!

Tonight is date night, so I'll monitor food up until that point and then be back on track tomorrow!

I was up .4 lbs today - fluctuations up suck - but I'm still down over all so I'm not discouraged.  I believe I will do this diet for at least another week.  I'm not sure how long I can go before I get sick of Lean Cuisines, but so far there is plenty of variety.  I've liked just about everything I've eaten except the spinach part of the garlic chicken.

I have learned some things this week:

1)  I have realized that all vegetables are NOT created equal.  The butter beans, which I love, are very high in calories (for a veggie).  A cup of those is 190 calories!  A cup of green beans is only 77 calories.  I figured  veggie = low calorie, but it's not always so!

2)  I also thought I would have more trouble not eating what the rest of the family is eating.  Last night I made them shrimp and grits, but I didn't feel upset by not being able to eat it, even though it looked wonderful and smelled even better.  I'm kind of surprised that I'm able to spend all the time and effort cooking for them and not miss eating it all.

3)  Planning makes it easy.  If I didn't have this all written out on a weekly menu, I would never be able to do this.  I planned out everything - breakfast, snacks, dinner - all with calorie counts.  No room for waffling, no room for wiggling out of the plan.  It's posted upstairs on the refrigerator and down in my office.

4)  When I'm actually DOING something, I feel better about myself.  Even though the scale hasn't started to really show anything yet, the fact that I am planning - and implementing - my diet, I FEEL better about me, about life in general.  I'm in a much better mood.

So I'll keep it up and we'll see how it goes!  I will, as always, keep you posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment