Thursday, April 25, 2013

Still on Track.

Yesterday was a terrible day.  You all may recall when my desktop crashed last October and I had to spend a ton of money to get my data recovered.  The Geek Squad put all my recovered data onto an external hard drive that I have been using as my back up.  Well, it crashed.  So (because I was dumb and didn't back up my back up - who knew??) I get to face the option of restoring the data at a huge cost AGAIN.  I wouldn't do it except all the pictures of my kids from 2007 to July 2012 are on there.

So, as an alternative, I have been trying to restore what I did have saved on Dell Datasafe and I keep getting restore failure messages. (I don't recommend Dell Datasafe - but that's another story).

Then, hubby was gone to help our oldest with her car battery (did you know you have to take off the TIRE of a Seabring to take off and swap out a dead battery???) so I had to take our 3rd to the physical therapy appointment which meant I couldn't start dinner until about 7:00 p.m. - NOT GOOD!  I was starving and there was ample opportunity to just give up and go get take out on the way home.

So it was just a crappy day.  The good news is that because I was on this tightly planned diet, I didn't give in to binges or emotional eating.  I didn't even have a glass of wine, which I would have without the detailed plan I have in place.  So I survived my first real emotional eating situation!  Even last year when I was on a roll with the losing weight, I gave in to emotional eating.  I don't think I have EVER been able to overcome that need for comfort (in the form of food) when I have a crappy, crappy, feel-like-bawling-my-eyes-out day.  I'm pretty impressed.

And I am down .8 lbs since yesterday.  I even survived the Longhorn lunch!  I had the Flo's filet and asparagus!  I drank water, ate no bread or appetizers and because it was STEAK, I didn't feel any kind of deprived!

The only thing I have noticed is that I am hungry a lot.  I've planned in snacks, but when you find yourself in line for 45 minutes at Best Buy when the snacks are at home ... that doesn't help much!  Still, I've been able to stay on track.

I am encouraged for day 4.  Even though I only got 2 hours and 40 minutes of sleep last night.  I clearly need this structure.  My inside voice (the beast, as I've called it) is very strong and can talk me into eating "just one" or "a glass of wine is only 90 calories" or whatever and *boom* I'm off track.  With this tight plan in place, I'm doing it!  And it is still kind of flexible.  Like last night I was supposed to eat the steak tips portabella but since I had beef at lunch, I swapped out for the roasted garlic chicken (which was fabulous, but I did NOT like the spinach that came with it).

Today's plan is:  buttermilk for taking my pills (I can't swallow pills, so I use buttermilk to help push them down - long story, don't ask),  a milk drink (150 calories),  steak tips portabella, an apple for snack, a cheese wedge (laughing cow light cheeses are AMAZING! - 35 succulent, decadent wonderfulness), and then shrimp alfredo for dinner with 1 cup of okra.  That would be 901 calories.  If I eat a snack of popcorn it will be 1001 calories.

I didn't ride the bike this morning.  I am disappointed in myself for that, but I tossed and turned all night and fretted over this dumb computer stuff, plus all the work I need to get done and I just was so tired.  If I hadn't turned off the alarm, I would have only gotten 2 hours of sleep, so the extra 40 minutes was needed today.  I have got to get back to that riding, though.  Tomorrow is date night and I need to burn some calories!!

I'm thinking of posting pictures of the food I'm eating for tomorrow's blog.  Can't make any promises, but I'll try!

For now, it's working.  I can't say how long it will last, but for now, I'm on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment