Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Willpower ... where is it??

It's amazingly easy for me to fall off track.  Doesn't take much at all, unfortunately.  And I'm not sure what to do about it.

Other than get back up, brush myself off and try again.

We had to go to Sam's Club yesterday for plates, cups, etc.  The meats there are excellent, so we couldn't pass up the steak.  Which wouldn't have been bad if I could control my portions.  I made the baked potato wedges and baked artichoke hearts, so the sides were very low calorie.  But could I eat just 4 oz of steak??? Noooooo.  I don't know how much I ate, but it was at least 8 oz, if not more.  Probably more like 12 oz.  And I had wine, which led to popcorn and Oreos.

I had been worried that my calorie counts were too low to be healthy.  I guess I made up for that worry yesterday.

I did try the Lean Cuisine Asian Salad kit yesterday.  I actually didn't like it as much as I've liked the other two I've tried.  I bought a ton more Lean Cuisines to try so hopefully today I'll be better at staying on track.

Last year I was so much better at fighting my beast and staying on track.  What's happened?  Why am I so quick to derail myself?  I was so much more committed last year.  Determined.  Why am I not now?  And how do I get it back?

All I know to do is to keep on my plan and keep on trying.  It's hard to mess up when it's all planned out for you, so I guess that's what I'll do.  I'll try and limit my distractions.

I kind of feel like this today:



Hopefully I'll get over this slump!!

1 comment:

  1. I have been dealing with the same lack of willpower. I am finding the days I cut out sugar and carbs (especially bread for me) I feel much better and less hungry.

    ReplyDelete