Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Planning Works Again.

I made it through another day!  And I'm down 2.8 lbs since yesterday - another fluctuation and water loss, etc, but it's fluctuating down farther than it has in a while!  I really needed to see that this morning.

I counted the calories with gusto yesterday.  I ended up eating 982 calories and I also rode the bike yesterday morning, so I feel like I accomplished what I set out to do yesterday.  It helps when I'm really busy since that prevents me from thinking too much about food.

I felt the need for pasta last night.  It is one of my comfort foods.  I ate the Lean Cuisine Chicken Fettuccine and it was really good!  I then had a cup of cooked cabbage, which really made me feel full. I made salmon for the family - which I probably could have eaten myself and been fine, but since I can't control my portions, it was better to just have the fixed Lean Cuisine so I knew exactly what I was getting.  Later I'll be able to go back to eating my own healthy foods.  For now, I can't trust myself not to overeat, so I just can't go that route.

I had a soft boiled egg as a snack yesterday.  Eggs seem to really be a great choice in snack for me.  I expect it's the protein in it.  It's very satisfying and filling.  I have also gotten some yogurt for snacks this week.  And I have some gorgeous grapes that we picked up at Sam's Club.

My weak points this week are going to be Thursday and Friday.  My kids are coming home on Thursday.  At some point we have to go shop for graduation dresses and I'm afraid while we are out, we'll end up eating out.  On Friday I'll be in Athens taking graduation pictures since the day of graduation will be packed with thousands of other students and parents all wanting pictures at the same place.  I will have to eat out that day as I won't be near home.  Worrisome given my lack of will power.

I did ride the bike this morning again.  I had a brief moment of not wanting to get up - I'm very tired! - but I did it. I rode for 67 minutes.

Today I feel more like this:



I just need to keep moving forward.  If I can just get through 5-13, I'll feel much better stress-wise, so that's got to help.  Meanwhile, I'll just take it one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment