Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday Mornings





I seem to keep finding myself on Monday mornings saying, "Well, last week was bad, but it's a new week!"

I start off well every Monday, then gradually (sometimes not so gradually) fall off track.  Why can't I make it through a single week??  I know it's crazy time of year with school ending and graduations, but aren't those just excuses?  Why do I give in so easily each week??

I have a new plan.  I was pretty disgusted with how I look in my daughter's graduation pictures.  I think I will put them in key places around the house so I'm constantly reminded to stay on track.  I had been putting up inspirational pictures of fit women and exercising women, and clearly, that isn't working.  I need to be reminded of what I am trying to change.  It reminds me of this cartoon:

I think there might be something to it!

Last week had challenges I failed to overcome.  We had date night which is always a calorie blow-out.  We also celebrated my hubby's Mom's mother's day since last week was crazy.  We had steak, green bean casserole, creamed corn, bread, baked potatoes with LOTS of butter.  And sweet tea.  I can never have just one glass of sweet tea.  I over-indulged.  I also ate out lunch several days - one day when we were apartment hunting for my UGA transfer daughter (we found her apartment!  One down, one to go!).  I also got worn out with the shopping for the upcoming elementary school party (which is tomorrow!) and ate out that day, too.  And I didn't make good choices because I let myself get too hungry and then my beast came out and I was lost.



I did manage one good dinner that was NOT a Lean Cuisine.  I made chicken and dumplings with lots of carrots, celery and onions.  Fat free chicken broth.  The worst part was the dumplings and I ate more broth than dumplings.  Lost some weight that night, which made me feel pretty good.  Gained it back over the weekend.

So I'm back to the Lean Cuisines this week.  I have another week of challenges.  Last day of school is Wednesday and I usually have a fiesta for the kids and their friends.  I will be in Indiana with my oldest daughter looking for apartments for her, which means all meals eaten out.  We will probably go to the Renaissance Festival at some point this coming weekend (grand fun, but lots of really fattening - delicious! - food).  

Sometimes I wonder if I should just give up on this attempted journey until all the diversions are out of the way.  But then, there are always diversions, aren't there?  Reading back on my older posts, I seemed to get around this problem by planning.  Maybe that's the key.  I need to plan every detail; it makes it easier to stay on track.

So this is how I feel today:



I'm going to go plan out the menu for the week.  That's half the battle!






2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a tough time. You are right though, there will always be diversions. I have a tough time with food choices in social settings too.

    I think planning ahead always helps me out. I stick to something extremely finite for a few days to get the ball rolling. Are you getting enough water and sleep? Dehydration and sleep deprivation always causes me to eat more since I feel lethargic.

    Good luck with this week. You got this! I did the same thing by putting photos of myself around the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely not getting enough sleep - not sure about water. I haven't paid much attention lately, and I probably should. Maybe making that change will help me feel not so down. And I am very tired, and when I get tired, I get cranky, which makes me want to eat to feel better. Sigh ... it's a cycle.

      Delete