Thursday, May 16, 2013

That Which Doesn't Kill Us ...

This month has been crazy.  I'm amazed I've survived.  Today is the first day I have to actually take a breath!

Graduation went well.  It was a wonderful time of celebration and family!  ... And food ...

I do remember now why I don't wear dresses very often.  My inner thighs were a bit raw from all the walking we had to do.  Fat thighs equal rash.  Not pleasant and a bit upsetting, but a strong reminder as to why I need to lose the weight.

We celebrated my mother's birthday, the graduation and Mother's Day all around that time frame.  Four days of rich (yummy!) food.  My body rebelled a bit since it was a shock to my system to eat so much fatty food in such a short time frame.

Then I came back to court, a trip to Athens to find an apartment for my 2nd oldest daughter for her time to come at UGA.  Luckily, this was more walking, so even though I've eaten foods that were not the best choices, I did get a lot of walking exercise in.  Then I came back from that to settlement conferences and finally, today I have a breather!  Hubby is out of town, so that is always tough, but nothing is planned until Sunday (a late Mother's Day celebration for hubby's mom!).  I don't quite know what to do with myself for today and tomorrow with no major events planned!  Holy cow, I may be able to get caught up on some work!

So, today I'm back on track.  I've already had my Advocare Slim for the morning and I have my meals planned out.  Hubby did get the grocery shopping done before he left town, which is great as otherwise I'd end up eating out every meal with all we had going on.

I'm excited to be back on track.  AND my sister and niece have both gotten the UP Jawbone so we are adding in statistics to track on our weekly charts!  Amount of sleep, stairs climbed, etc will be added in.  AND my oldest has joined in the tracking as well!  So I now have three people to help motivate me and talk to about my journey and stats.  Maybe this will help.

Looking at the pictures of me from the graduation show that I'm really looking terrible again.  I look about the same as my before pictures even though I'm 17 lbs lighter now than I was in those pictures.  I really look fat and terrible.  I must dig in and really work to get myself going again.

For my Mother's Day present, my kids made me a wonderful healthy cookbook!  They gathered recipes that are lower calorie, healthy, and look quite tasty!  They are concerned about my Lean Cuisine diet because of the high sodium content and the preservatives.  I am very, very excited to try these recipes!  I will post on the recipe page and I will also try and put pictures up of the meals!

It is amazing what a little support can do for you.  Having all of the kids helping me find healthy recipes is fantastic.  And sometimes I'll be weakening and veering towards an unhealthy choice and one of them will ask if I REALLY want to do that.  They don't force, because sometimes a person does need an unhealthy choice, but they help remind me of my journey so that I can remember what I'm SUPPOSED to do and that helps me stay on track as well.

So, today is back on track.  I hope.  I plan on it, anyway.

So, with the help I'm getting and my new plans, here is how I feel today:


Leaning on my family and friends for support!

1 comment:

  1. I love that your kids made you a cook book! Good luck getting back on track. I get thigh-rub too regardless of my weight. It's better when I'm running consistently and toning up my thighs. When I stop exercising and feel a little rub, that's when I know it's time to get my butt moving.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete