Monday, June 10, 2013

Over-Hungry = Over-Eating

Do not let yourself get over-hungry.  It makes for binges.  And bloating.  And cranky-tiredness.

Yes, I'm speaking from actual experience here.  I'm right smack in the middle of it as we speak.

I thought I had prepared for this.  I had court today so I ate a Lean Cuisine before heading out.  For some reason I was still hungry after I ate.  I don't know why - it was the salsbury steak and mac/cheese one - very yummy and satisfying.  Usually.

So, I went to court and by the time it was done, I was soooo hungry.  I couldn't think of anything else but eating SOMETHING by the time I got home.  Unfortunately for me, there was leftover Chinese food from the other day when hubby took the girls out to lunch.  I pounced on it.  I devoured it like a kitten attacking a mouse.

you get the idea ... 
And now, I'm paying for it.  I'm sluggish, bloated and ready for a nap.

The good news is that I rode the bike this morning.  And I'm waiting on my turn to use the Total Gym (hubby is using it - why he didn't do it while I was gone in court, I have no idea).  So I will get two good workouts today.

Hmmm....maybe that's why the Lean Cuisine didn't cut it.  I had worked out and needed more.  I think I've faced this before when I wasn't getting enough protein to make up for the muscle repair my body is going through...  It's a thought.

I also know a way to prevent this in the future.  I need to keep a snack in my purse.  Which I normally do, but last week, I was in court until I had to go to my next court (whole other story) and ended up having to eat the 5 prunes I had in my purse that I usually keep for emergency snacks as my lunch.  I'm sure I probably binged that day, too.  In fact, I think we ended up eating out that night.

Getting back on point, I had no snack in my purse to take that edge off before I got home.  I just need to make sure I restock with some kind of granola bar or something and to make sure I eat it before I walk in the door and find all the tempting things that live in my kitchen!

And tonight I will make some more healthy stuff from the garden.  We have another (several) batch of squash picked, so I will cook that.  After working out and eating healthy for dinner, maybe I won't be as upset with myself as I am right now.

So, lesson for the day, take action to make sure you do NOT let yourself get over-hungry.  It can lead to disastrous things and totally derail you.  Plan to eat.  It's key.

Who knew eating could be the key to losing weight?  And not eating the mechanism to make you gain weight?

So, watch your hunger level.  It's a killer.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you about the hunger thing. It's a delicate balance between feeling satisfied but not stuffed. Undereating releases the binge monster in me.

    Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete