Sunday, July 21, 2013

Habit





I think this is a true statement.  I need to get back into the habit of doing my exercise and eating right.  I think that's why it was so easy last year - it became a habit.

This week was a good start.  I rode the bike 4x and I did the total gym 2x so far (with today going to be the 3rd time).  Right now it's hard, because it's NOT a habit.  But it WILL be.

Once I get back into the habit of healthy, it won't be such a struggle.  I need to struggle now, forcing myself to keep going until it turns into a habit.

And habits aren't just for the good stuff.  It's also about the bad stuff.  I got into a habit of having a glass of wine (or 2) almost every evening.  That's a bad habit because it's empty calories.  And it lowered my willpower so I ended up eating more.  So now I need to ditch my bad habits and hook into some good ones.

Because that's what's going to make this possible in the long run - good habits.


No comments:

Post a Comment