Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Priorities and Planning




I've found out for myself just how important planning is.  It's what even made starting on this healthy journey possible.  Without planning I wouldn't have gotten far.

And even with the planning, I fizzled out along the way.  I just lost that focus and even though I was still sort of on my healthy path, it wasn't a priority.

I have got to make sure I keep my health as a top priority.  One of the reasons I need to lose weight is to make sure I don't end up with diabetes.  And so I can get off my blood pressure medicine.  And to avoid the health issues that come from obesity - especially as I age.

So, I'm back doing what I was doing in the beginning.  Things I didn't think I needed to do anymore (CLEARLY I do ...).

I am logging my weight on one of my homemade graphs again.  I tell you, it's amazing what SEEING the weight loss (even 4 oz!) can do for you when you are seeing it on a graph.  And I took my measurements yesterday for the first time since February.  That was a good news/bad news moment.  I am actually down in inches in some places, but UP in others.

I made myself a little booklet for the week.  Every day is in the booklet and I log my exercise, meditation, water drinking and food.  I was kind of doing all this in my head before.  Nuh-uh.  WRITE IT DOWN.  Seeing it makes a world of difference.

And water.  I have GOT to drink more.  I have said this numerous times but it just doesn't seem to happen.  I must make a conscious effort to do more drinking.  Wait.  I mean of WATER.  Some days this health thing makes me want to drink other things!  But enough of that.

I read that drinking 1 gallon of water a day could help burn 12.5 lbs of fat a year.  Just drinking water!  But really, a GALLON??  I have trouble drinking more than 1 CUP.  Seriously.

At any rate, I've got to up the water intake and tracking it helps remind me of it and makes it a priority.

So, I'm back to basics.  Oh - and I'm really starting to think there is something to the subliminal weight loss cd I listen to at night.  I listened to it faithfully in the beginning (you know, when I lost the 24 lbs) and then kind of petered off of listening to it.  Now I"m back listening to it again, and I do seem to be sticking to my goals better.  I had one snack last night - an 80 calorie ice cream bar from weight watchers.  No wine, no other munchies, no other snacks.  Pretty impressed with myself on that one.  Is it the cd?  Who knows, but I'm going to keep it up for a while, just in case.

I will keep you all posted as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment