Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mini Goals

Okay, so the thought of all the weight I have to lose to get to my goal is just way too overwhelming.  The monotony of doing the same thing every day to try and reach that goal is just daunting, because it's going to be like ... forever!

Hence the need for mini goals.

These goals can be physical (lose 1" off my waist) or they can be activity related (drink more water).  What they need to be is specific and reachable.

It would be crushing to set goals I can never reach, so it's got to be something I can really do.  Not too lofty, but then again, not too easy.

So, what should it be?  I want it to be something that will keep me focused on what I'm doing on a daily basis.  And something that I can see some kind of accomplishment from.

And what time frame should it be?  Should it be a daily goal?  Or a weekly one?  I think a month is too long - I'll forget what I'm doing by then.  So, maybe weekly ...

I do need to get more serious about my exercise.  And that's a goal that will work towards my end game as well.  So, maybe I should have a goal to work out on the Total Gym 3x this week and to ride the bike 4x.  I have court on Friday, so I can't do either one that day, but I should be able to do that.  Then again - it's already Tuesday.  Of course, I've ridden the bike 2 days already and I did the Total Gym this afternoon...so it may be a goal I can reach.  Or maybe it should be "exercise 7x this week" and then I can do other things too - like add in my trampoline.  No, I think it needs to be more specific.  I like the bike 4x and the Gym 3x.

I think that will be my mini goal this week.

No one said we can have just one, though, so I may think of some others.  Like, take time to listen to the weight loss meditation cd as I go to sleep.  I keep meaning to and never remember to do it by the end of the day.  If I make it a mini goal to listen to it each night for the week, that's reachable, right?

I think I just need to have some mini, reachable goals to keep me going.




What kind of goals do you set for yourselves?  I could use some ideas!

I will report back on my meeting (or not) of the mini exercise goals this week.  I think it's doable and I believe the thinking about it and trying to do it is going to keep me focused on staying on track.

It's worth a shot!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Glad to have stumbled upon your blog! I was wondering if you feature guest postings. Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete