Monday, July 29, 2013

Keep Moving.


I like this quote for today.  I certainly talk a lot about all I'm trying to do on this journey, but sometimes I find I'm "just sitting there."  I have to keep moving!

I had a slight blip this weekend - it was a birthday party for my nephew and I was fine until I ate a cookie. They were magnificent cookies .. yes I said cookies - I couldn't stop eating them.  I probably ate 14 of them. 

I know, right??

And even though I ate well yesterday, I'm still up a pound.  Which is still down over all, but geesh.  

But as they say, I can't change what I did yesterday, but I can change what I do today.  
I'm off to a good start this morning. I rode the bike for 55 minutes and did some weight loss meditation.  I am now planning out my week.  I actually chose this quote for my cover page (I do a different one each week):


I have decided that taking this weekly is a good way for me to deal with it.  I make weekly goals and track my weight and keep track of my exercise each week.  I print out a booklet with each day on it and a cover page that inspires me.  I have a chart for logging my measurements each week.

I tell you what, though.  Even though I can't change yesterday and I know I'll do better today, I still don't like seeing that point on my weight graph go up a pound.  It was steadily going down for a week, and then BAM, back up.  Don't like it, don't want to do it again.

So, I'm taking it one week at a time.  It's not so overwhelming that way.

Right now I weigh 197.4.  The lowest I got last year was 188.  My goal is 145.  Lots of numbers to think about.

For today, I'm moving in the right direction.  I plan to keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment