Friday, June 20, 2014

The "Good" Hurt

I am so sore today!

I started back up the bowflex and total gym yesterday and also did better on my walk/jog in the morning.  I'm paying for it today, but it really does feel "good."  It's that pain that means I am doing something - AND that it's working!

I haven't lifted the weights since September and, boy, I can really tell.  I was down on the weights from 100lbs to 80lbs for basic lifting, so I've lost a lot of muscle.  My legs are sore from the squats.  I can't do "real" squats due to my knees, so I have to do them on the total gym (which is really wonderful on the knees!).  I can really feel it today!

I'm not doing as well with the eating.  I think my stomach stretched on vacation.  I'm actually having my stomach growl all the time!  And I'm eating, so I don't know what's up.  And then at night (my worst time for will power) I end up OVER eating.  One good thing is that it is summer, so we are having veggies from our garden!  I made squash, turnips and green beans the other night for dinner.  There is nothing so good as fresh garden veggies!!

I'm taking a day off for my muscles and will lift, walk and total gym again on Saturday.

Feeling good!

No comments:

Post a Comment