Thursday, September 4, 2014

Starting Day 3

Yesterday (Day 2) was much easier than Day 1.  I was actually worried that I might gain weight because I felt so full all day.

The baked potato was heaven, to be sure.  We ate:  cabbage, squash, baked broccoli, green beans and our baked potato for dinner.  Honestly, I was full and comfortable all day.  Whenever I got hungry, I went and got more squash.  Tasty.  Hubby also said it was an easy day for him.

I'm down to 194.4 this morning.  Having started at 199, that's 4.6 lbs lost so far.  Hubby is down a total of 5.6 lbs (!!??).

I know it's water weight, but it sure is nice to see a number on the scale that I haven't seen for a while.  It's a great way to kick off getting back to my healthy eating.  And a cold turkey on the sugar really helps.  I have found that when I eat sugar, I eat everything.  Somehow sugar kicks me over the edge.

So today is veggies and fruits.  I still have mushrooms and artichoke hearts to cook.  I also have some turnips, though I usually cook those with bacon and butter, so I'm not sure how to cook them for this diet.  We also have baby carrots to munch on and we can eat fruit again - we still have the cantaloupe, watermelon, grapes and peaches.

Tomorrow is the day I'm dreading.  8 bananas?  8 glasses of milk?  Okay, I like milk, but I'm not the biggest fan of bananas.  Especially over ripe ones.  We haven't gone shopping for those yet since I wanted to have fairly green ones.

This is an interesting crash diet, to be sure.  So far I'm not missing the sugar or starchy carbs.  But let's be real, it's only the beginning of Day 3.

I've seen some other variations of this diet on the internet.  Some say you can eat the Day 7 soup every day.  Some say you can have beef rather than chicken.  Beef sounds pretty heavy right now, so I think we'll stick to chicken.

I'm wondering how much I'll gain back after this ends and I go back to my healthy eating.  I'm hoping I won't gain any back because I plan on getting back into the weight lifting and bike riding as well as staying away from the sweets.

My only issue (and one of the reasons I'm doing this crash thing) is that our anniversary is next weekend.  That means I will imbibe in alcohol and lots of food, but I will have had 3 days of normal healthy eating prior to that weekend, so maybe I'll be okay.

I will continue updating!

No comments:

Post a Comment