Sunday, September 7, 2014

Starting Day 6: 7 Day Diet

Yesterday was wonderful.  I woke up early and baked a bunch of chicken.  I baked it with the skin on for the flavor and made some pieces spicy and some just salt and pepper.  OMG, it was so wonderful to eat the chicken!  I actually only ate 1 tomato even though we could have 6.  Hubby ate more tomatoes than chicken, but also enjoyed eating chicken.

I am down to 191.2 which is 7.8 lbs lost.  Hubby is down about 8 lbs.

Today is chicken/turkey and veggies.  So I've got left over chicken from yesterday (I only ate 1 breast over the course of the day and then baked a whole chicken so the kids would have a decent dinner as well).  Today I'm making a turkey for dinner - with mashed potatoes, gravy and peas for the kids.  Hubby and I will eat the turkey and have our veggies - green beans, zucchini, mushrooms and whatever else I end up making today.

This experiment has been interesting.  I have gotten more in tune with my body.  Yesterday showed me just how conditioned I am.  It was football all day and I really, really wanted to eat football food and have a drink.  Amazing at how many habits we have that affect our eating and therefore our weight.  Something to think about.

This has also reminded me what it feels like to be hungry.  I think we all eat for the pleasure of eating rather than when we are hungry.  Not that eating for pleasure is necessarily a bad thing - it's actually one of my favorite things to do (but then again I'm way overweight, so maybe it is a bad thing - at least in excess).

I'm posting the diet again since some people may be coming in in the middle of my experiment.  Here is what we've been following:


Easy Diet to loose weight for an event or just to fit in those summer clothes. Pinning just to change things up a bit sometimes.

I will check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment