Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Good Sore

I'm back into the whole exercise routine, finally.  And I'm sore!  I went up 10 lbs on the bowflex yesterday and I'm feeling it!  Which is good, because I had gotten used to the last weight and I'm not sure it's doing anything.

I'm craving protein - I ate an entire steak last night (had planned to eat 1/2 of it) and a bit of salad.  The only thing that saved me is that we ate early and I didn't snack afterwards - the art at night is helping with that - doodles keep me from snacking!

Here is what I drew last night while watching TV:


I am still riding the bike and still not trying to overdo it for my old self.  I'm feeling pretty good, actually.  Just tired, but I didn't sleep well last night - too much to do and I'm stressing over it.  I should get a lot done today, so hopefully I will sleep well tonight.

In the spirit of mini goals, I'm working on my stomach.  It's my least favorite part of my body right now, so I'm doing lots of crunches and whatnot.  I know the fat is hiding the muscles, but as I lose the weight, the muscles will be there.  My jeans already feel looser and I've not been doing this for too long, so that's motivational.

Hubby is also doing well.  His workouts are getting more intense so his body is also craving the protein.  I've made some chicken for him to snack on throughout the day to try and give his body the protein and also keep him from overeating or choosing the wrong things.  It's nice to have someone to work with.  We have yet to start the yoga part of our exercise - maybe this week!

I'm very glad that salad season is here!  Satisfying crunch and being able to eat a LOT of it really makes food less of a focus since I'm full.

We've got lettuce coming in the garden and our broccoli is starting to form heads.  Very exciting!  Summer is always easier to make proper food choices with all the lush garden produce coming in!

I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment